Who says rain on your wedding day is bad news? I loved the things the rain did for photos of Lauren and Andrew’s wedding at the Basilica of the Sacred Heart on Notre Dame Campus. Andrew and the gents walked from the Morris Inn on campus to the Basilica and the sprinkle was no match for the determined groomsmen.
Besides making puddles and rainbows, rainy shoots are great for
- Saturated colors, textures, and puddles to use for reflections!
- Rainbows! (none that I saw Saturday though)
- Very few people meandering campus!
- Kept things cool for the 11am mass when the evening was nothing short of sweltering!
- And of course, proving just how determined a couple is to enjoy their day regardless of weather!
It was no surprise that “A Touch of Whimsy” was their unofficial theme. You couldn’t have stopped Lauren and Andrew from smiling if you had tried!
Newlyweds walk campus for portraits at the Grotto and Saint Joseph’s Lake
Perfectly refreshing breeze sends the veil flying outside the Golden Dome 🙂
The Morris Inn not only kept us very cool for the reception but the large windows provided magically diffused light throughout the room. It was like having a wall made out of softboxes (non-technical translation = very happy photographer!)
Beaming Bride and Groom share a first dance.
Congrats Lauren & Andrew! Go enjoy that Honeymoon!